Posted by Robert G Laurin on April 24, 2019 at 14:37:00:
The DDE gateway is gone with Comet32.
Now in order to "talk" with Windoze, I find that I either:
- Save a File and have a Watch program to do something, or launch the Windows program after saving the file.
- Can use the CometLib but that works upside-down, where Windows can access Comet Data but not talk to any Comet Program.
- Finally use the Winsock Gateway or (TCP) to "talk" to a TcpListener app.
I considered the (TCP) method to be the better option.
And, it works ! and it is fast.
Found some issues tho...
- The CONTROL(lun, 'TIMEOUT 99') crashes every time. Excp 38-Device unable to perform function.
- The CONTROL(lun, 'LISTEN port') crashes every time. Excp 38-Device unable to perform function.
- While NOT using the CONTROL(lun, 'CRLF 1'). Any attempt to write a single byte (no CRLF), results in the data to be sent and Comet generating an Excp 29-Network Error on opcode 4 Print.
At this point, the data is sent, the connection is hung until the error is closed.
The Windows app will crash on an unexpected socked closed.
To test this I used Microsoft Visual Basic sample of TcpListener on Studio 2010.
I also build a VB TcpClient from the Microsoft samples.
I already had two Comet Winsock test program to send and wait for connections. Written in 2006.
I've tested this on Comet32 2018.515.
I will try with Comet16 tomorrow.
Test programs available on demand.
Post a Followup
Each file can be a maximum of 1MB in length Uploaded files will be purged from the server on a regular basis.