Posted by Robert G Laurin on July 21, 2021 at 14:04:12:
In Reply to: Initial font size. posted by Grant E Foraker on July 21, 2021 at 10:35:51:
I disagree with this change. I never use a font as large as 16, I'd rather full screen.
I am assuming you just created the Comet shortcut... If so, you probably are the first person to run Comet on the new computer. Simply run CWFONT and set it to your hearth desire.
Another (better) solution:
If you are running a Domain in Active Directory,
- you create a GPO in Computer Management to install the shortcut in the Public Desktop with a /PN=%COMPUTERNAME%
- or you could create it in User Configuration and put the shortcut on the user's Desktop using the /PN=%USERNAME%
- you can also make a copy of the shortcut in %AppDataDir%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Comet
- You may want to copy 'Comet.exe' from the server to the ..public\pictures folder and use it as a reference for the Shortcut icon. Looks like Windows 10 do not like icons on a server, needs to be local.
- You can also copy your customized COSW.INI with everything you need in there (font size..) in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Signature Systems\COSW.INI
I have been using this for many years with Windows XP, 2003 server, Win 7 and Win 10. I also make the application of this GPO conditional to the station being member of the Comet group in Users & Computers.
Using GPOs is great and makes deploying Come so much easier. Just create a .CFG profile for each target computer and it will self configure.
Post a Followup
Each file can be a maximum of 1MB in length Uploaded files will be purged from the server on a regular basis.