Posted by Barbara Brazil on January 07, 2014 at 10:06:24:
In Reply to: Re: Comet communications timeout...> posted by Tom Fulton on January 07, 2014 at 09:13:43:
This is not a Comet timeout so, no, there's no Comet setting to control it. It seems to be a TCP/IP timeout. Questions:
1) Does this happen on all nodes?
2) How often does it happen?
3) Does it happen only after the client has been sitting idle for a while?
4) Could it be an issue of the DHCP lease expiration on the client?
5) Have you checked the Windows Event Viewer for any errors at the time of these disconnects?
6) This is Comet16, correct?
7) The Comet File Server is not crashing, correct?
8) As a test you might try running a job in background that periodically opens and closes a file on the server. This might force the connection to stay open if it's an issue caused by idle time.
Maybe we should have a look at your Comet.ini for the effected nodes.
Post a Followup
Each file can be a maximum of 1MB in length Uploaded files will be purged from the server on a regular basis.