Posted by Grant Foraker on February 23, 2015 at 13:29:45:
About two years back, I wrote CMAINT, a WDL program, to be a general maintenance and investigative tool that used #CFILES. It was developed under Comet16 and was working fine. Last tweak to the dialog was 01/22/14. Since then I've been running, it under Comet32 with no problem. Last week, while working on a customer still running Comet16 I found that something had broken. In this routine, in CMAINTM ..
LET DICTKEY$ = CFILNAME$ + 'a'
INQUIRE (CFILES,FileRec) KEY = DICTKEY$
IF STRIP(CSUBNAME$) NE '' ! HAVE SUBSTITUTE
LET AACTFILN$ = CSUBNAME$
LET ARECSIZ = CSUBRECLEN
LET AKEYSIZ = CSUBKEYLEN
LET cosCtlID = IDC.STATIC.04
cosCtlText$ = 'Record Length: ' + STRIP(STR(ARECSIZ)) + ' Key Length: ' + STRIP(STR(AKEYSIZ))
MSGBOX 'STATIC 04 DONE'
LET cosCtlID = IDC.STATIC.05
cosCtlText$ = 'File: ' + STRIP(SUB(AACTFILN$,1,8)) + ' On ' + SUB(FSTAT(AACTFILN$),3,3)
MSGBOX 'STATIC 05 DONE'
the program displays the 1st MSGBOX but not the 2nd. Instead it ends up in the ERRORTO routine and says I have an E11.
I've rechecked and rebuilt the DLL. I've been able to check these Comet and screen size versions ...
C32/1920 - good
C32/1024 - good
C16/1440 - bad
C16/1024 - bad
Sending source and test stuff to Comet Woman.
Post a Followup
Each file can be a maximum of 1MB in length Uploaded files will be purged from the server on a regular basis.