Posted by Grant Foraker on July 04, 2015 at 16:19:20: Uploaded files: 5
Yesterday via CAW on the multi-keyed file Q10.
Been tracking a problem in the Q10 file where the Vendor Number goes missing. I run an audit program and then use QMAINT (CAW) to fix the records.
Yesterday, after a week with no errors my audit picked up 15 from Thursday. Using QMAINT (CAW) I fixed the records and ran another audit. The same 15 records appeared again. I tried QMAINT again and realized that after the WRITE that the file wasn't updating. Did this with a NEXT/PRIOR.
I didn't grab any screen shots.
Switched to MAINT. A, B & C show before, the write, and after. The Vendor Number did not update. The highlighted field at the bottom is a repeat of the Vendor Number in a secondary key. The QVNBR$ is not repeated. The secondary key is built by concatenation.
Switched to CometEx and successfully made the changes there. See D.
Today, successfully did QMAINT on some more records. See E.
Having crashed the "Verify", I decided that a rename a recopy of the Q10 might help.
This happened before to the IT guy there. A couple of weeks back, he was getting some of these "no take" fixes in QMAINT (CAW) and called me. I logged in, via CAW, ran QMAINT and made the fixes. I suggested he reboot his PC and try again. Seemed to work.
Post a Followup
Each file can be a maximum of 1MB in length Uploaded files will be purged from the server on a regular basis.